Saturday, April 10, 2010

Un diva peut quelquefois utiliser un compagnon

A diva can sometimes use a companion

Kerri Pajutee

This is my first time doing a makeover in 1:6 scale, as I usually work in 1:12 dollhouse miniature scale.  My expertise is in OOAK animal sculpture, which I add realistic fur coats to.  Lately, I have branched out to 1:6 scale animals and wanted to give this Natalia a big furbaby companion -- a Cheetah.  The cheetah was created by hand in polymer clay over wire armature, then fired in the oven, painted with acrylics and finally a fiber coat was applied using natural alpaca flocking. His spots are detailed in Fabrico fabric inks.

I love the features on this doll and wanted to keep her as simple as possible, showing off her natural beauty.  I gave her a relax boil perm with conditioner and a bit of a trim to her hair. Her gown was fashioned in an Egyptian-inspired, sheer, off-white fabric, set off with a black shawl and gold earrings.

I do have a website - but most of it is dedicated to my scale miniature animals. I do own a few Fashion Royalty dolls and a half dozen BJDs live in my private collection, and I have lots of fun 'playing with my girls' when I get a chance to make a new outfit or pet for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment