Thursday, February 25, 2010

D'hiver ne s'est jamais senti si belle!

Winter never felt so beautiful!

KEVIN KILMER

I am more or less professionally known by an anagram of my initials, CLICKDESIGNSbyKEVIN. I have been making and designing OOak dolls and clothing for over a decade now. My primary focus these days is on making OOAK evening gowns and daywear for 1/6 scale dolls.

I have been involved in the doll arena for MANY
years of my life, from an early age - like 5 years old. My folks who have both passed now instilled the love for dolls and toys in me. They owned and operated an antique reproduction and doll repair business for many years; making and restoring many of the prominent French and German antique bisque porcelain dolls. My Dad is actually the one who taught me how to sew, but, unfortunately, he didn’t live to see my somewhat small degree of success I have had in my chosen arena on 1/6 scale work.

I've had the distinct honor of being one of the many talented artists to be featured in one of Jim Faraone's Learn from the Artists series of books, which was a great honor for me. I have collaberated with some great doll artists thru the years. One I am particularly proud of was my collaberative work with Juan Albuerne from Spain. Juan and I collaberated on several versions of Liza Minnelli, Bette Midler, andPeggy Lee to name a few.

My OOAK Natalia has a stunning white dupioni silk gown that is fully lined in silk, and the gorgeous part is the thousands of star shaped sequins and beads that make up the design of the dress. Natalia truly shines brightly. And, I thank Jim for giving me the honor again of being one of the chosen artists to make a OOAK Natalia for IFDC 2010. Thanks for looking! Just email Kevin if you're interested in talking with him more about his doll work.



No comments:

Post a Comment